Raised in Dayton, Ohio by an engineer and homemaker with a medical background, I was one of five children. We all had summer jobs and were diligent in school. I graduated from Ohio State University in 1987 with a Bachelors in Fine Art – Sculptor then headed out to California. Shortly after that in 1990, I was hired out of the dental chair by my local dentist to run and manage one of his four offices. Looking for someone with a mid-western work-ethic and a fiery personality, they could tell I would pick it all up quickly.
Before I knew it, a new and unexpected career in dentistry was born. From there only a year later, one of Dr. K’s dental associates hired me to start a new office for him. He trained me to assist chair-side, and I moved from front office business assistant to clinical dental assistant. I later worked for a world-class prosthodontist for four years and spent four more years working for a few different orthodontists. When they stopped answering my questions, I decided it was time to go to dental school.
I returned to night school to take the necessary sciences to prepare for dental school. After joining the U.S. Navy during my first year of dental school, I graduated from the University of Florida College of Dentistry in 2001. My first tour of duty was in Okinawa, Japan where I completed my AEGD residency. I was then transferred to Kings Bay, Georgia to complete my obligation to the U.S. Navy Dental Corp.
After my separation from service, I moved to Tampa, Florida in the middle of a four-hurricane season to begin my professional dental career. I worked as an associate dentist until opening my own private practice, “Impeccable Smiles” in 2010.
My mission is to provide every patient with comprehensive dental care in a compassionate, home-like setting. I take a natural, holistic approach to dentistry. I believe you must focus on improving oral health to improve the overall health of the body — they go hand in hand. By finding the root causes of patients’ dental problems, often medical in nature, I help create long-term, sustainable solutions and help to improve their overall physical and oral health.
What I do every day combines my background in art and the health sciences to help patients solve their dental problems — big and small. As a trained artist, I recreate what disease has destroyed. As a scientist, I find the source and solutions for patients’ diseases and state of disrepair. As an innate caregiver, I help my patients cope with anxiety and fear that are common with dental issues help them to achieve their very own impeccable smile.
- B.A. in Fine Art, Ohio State University — 1987
- DMD: University of Florida College of Dentistry — 2001
- AEGD: Residency: U.S. Navy Dental Corp., Okinawa, Japan — 2002
- Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Studies — 2004-2005
- FAGD: Fellowship in Academy of General Dentistry — 2007
- FADIA: Fellowship in American Dental Implant Association — 2009
Advanced Continuing Dental Education
- Oral Conscious Sedation, DOCS Training
- Aesthetic Dentistry, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Invisalign Braces, Clear Correct Removable Braces
- Orthodontic Seminars, Orlando Mid-Atlantic, Tip-Edge and Straight Wire Techniques
- Implant Dentistry Continuum, Dr. Arun Garg
- MDI and SHATKIN Mini-Dental Implant Placement Seminars
- The Periodontal Institute’s Surgical Techniques Continuum
- Turbyfill Custom Characterized Dentures/Partial Denture Seminars
- Dawson Academy of Advanced Predictable Dentistry
- Tulsa Dental Advanced Rotary Endodontic Therapy courses — Dr. L. Stephen Buchanan, DDS
- Endodontic Root Kamp with Dr. Kit Weathers DDS/U.S. Navy Dental Seminars
- Orofacial Pain and TMJ/TMD, Headache Pain Therapy — AAFE
- Botox Injection – Myofascial Pain Trigger Point Injection Therapy — AAFE
- American Academy of Facial Esthetic Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Dental Sleep Medicine/Sleep Apnea — Sleep Solutions Seminars/ ADA Sleep Apnea Symposium
- Bell Leadership Institute and Dental Boot Kamp/Team Building